Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

New Snack Food Coming to the Hamptons... Ore Ida and Totino's must be nervous!

I don't know if this ironic but as the tundra on the east end is finally melting,  there appeared a sign suggesting that my one of my favorite frozen foods is getting it's due in the Hamptons.  
The site of the establishment known as The Pizza Place in Bridgehampton is apparently becoming a Goldberg's Bagels and Pizza.   Now, I don't know if they'll be selling pizza and bagels or pizza-bagels but I'll tell you if it's the latter, Ore Ida foods are going to be mad!   It's not the oddest combination ever but it is a bit different.   Anyway, here's a helpful hint for the owners of this establishment, make a drive through window in the front!!!  That would be awesome!

Bridge Cafe, Ziggy's, M+M is now an office! 
Meanwhile, the former site of Bridge Cafe, Ziggy's and M+E Restaurant on Sag Harbor Turnpike will not be coming back as another restaurant anytime soon.   It's been renovated and now is an office for a builder and contractor.  Is it me but is every builder now taking high profile locations for their offices?   Well, they say real estate is the best form of advertising and builders are the new Starbucks in the Hamptons!




Bissell Spot Clean... a life saver!
Finally, last week I wrote about the best housewarming gift in the Hamptons and it was quite popular.   So, I'm going to do it again and give Hamptons folks another must have item!  If you have guests and or pets who are sloppy and have bad bladders....   with me the dogs are fine it's the guests that have the problem... you need to get a Bissell spot clean.   So, let me paint a picture for everyone.  You're hosting a party and you're serving ... let's say.... pizza-bagels and someone drops theirs on the floor sauce side down.   Well go grab the spot cleaner spray the area and vacuum the water up!   I'm telling you this machine is a life saver and can be used on both rugs and furniture.     Also, if you're a tenant and you don't want to get billed for damages because one of your guests couldn't make it outside in time to go, voila!   These machine really works.  You can buy it online or at the local Kmart or hardware store for about $100.   Trust me you'll thank me! 
Don't fear the pizza bagel!


No comments: