|Life in the fast lane.......|
1) Do they really need speed traps on Route 27 when the average speed on weekends is about 10 miles an hour? Seriously, I've noticed this over and over again. Considering traffic is worse this year than last (yes, we say this every year) I don't understand. Maybe there* not actually speed
traps and instead just looking for the next Range Rover to go by with an inexperienced driver texting like mad on the way to Tracy Anderson. Speaking of which....
2) Wouldn't it be great if they opened a Planet Fitness next to Tracy Anderson in Water Mill!? I don't know why but I just find this idea so appealing. Come to think of it, let's open a Ben and Jerry's on the other side.
3) I'm over screaming children in restaurants.... when I was a kid, my parents would have killed (me) if I ran around and screamed in a public space. But then again, the only two restaurants my parents ever took me to were Rustler Steak House and Perkins Pancakes. Anyway, we digress. The bottom line is I'm not spending top dollar to eat out and have your kid scream in my ear! When my nieces and nephews were little and screaming, I wouldn't go to do dinner with them so I'm sure as hell not having dinner with your kid! I know I sound cranky but whatever. I also want to say your kid isn't that cute!
4) There is nothing better than taking a boat at twilight and heading to dinner. Especially when it's someone else's boat!!!
5) Is it really worth $100 for a pound of Lobster Salad?
|Season's Greetings... it could be July 4th!|
7) Finally, I was taught long ago you never go to someone's house for dinner empty handed. I think it's a nice practice. But for the love of g-d, if you're going to re-gift the bottle of wine you received two weeks earlier at your dinner party take the old tag off. Oh, and by the way if I'm the one who brings said bottle back to your house, please don't let everyone know! Maybe I didn't like that cheap garbage you gave me!!!
*yeah I know it should be they're... I'm just getting even with the grammar police!