Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Banana Splits.... and Which Professionals have the most psychopaths... I know what I think!?

In another strike against the average Joe, the Banana Republic store in Bridgehampton Commons has packed up and split.    While I don't really buy my clothes at Kmart (OK, I bought a few Land's End sweaters there) nor do I shop Bergdorf Goodman (OK I bought a few things there too), B.R. was one of the rare quality middle of the road shops out here in the Hamptons.    When I tried calling the company for a response, the woman on the phone couldn't tell me why they left town but she did tell me she could save me 10% on my next purchase if I opened a Banana Republic credit card.

In other sad news, TheWeek.com has posed the question, "which professions have the most psychopaths?"  Now before you start thinking about "American Psycho,"  lets take a look at the definition of Psychopathy.   By definition, Psychopathy is a "personality disorder that has been variously described as characterized by shallow emotions (in particular reduced fear) stress tolerance, lacking empathy, cold heartedness, egocentricity .... and antisocial behaviors such as parasitic lifestyle and criminality."  So those two sales agents that brawled at The Hotel a few weeks ago probably  psychopaths, it's more likely they have anger issues.   So do you want to take a guess where sales people came on the list?  They were #4!  YIKES! Wedged between media personalities and surgeons.   That's not such bad company is it?   So who are some of the biggest psychopaths I met working here on the East End?  Well, I never blog and tell.  But buy me a drink sometime... in vino veritas!

Finally, so why is this picture on my blog?  Because I can.  Happy Birthday Bella!!!



No comments: