Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Million Dollar Listing …errr… Bankruptcy… and Fine Hamptons Dining on a Budget!

Call me wacky but I always find it hard to believe that someone who owns a pricey piece of property would ever allow it to go to auction.   Well maybe that's why I'm just a humble Hamptons farmer… er… real estate agent.   Anyway, it's happening two blocks from the beach in the most expensive zip code in the country on Sesascape Lane, in Sagaponack.   The home originally listed at (click for details) $5,995,000 in '10, briefly went down to $4.9 only to go back up to $5.3 is now on the auction block with Maltz and Company of Central Islip.   The auction takes
Million dollar bankruptcy!  photo from TRULIA.COM
place this Thursday at the "auctioneer's Gallery, 39 Windsor Place in Central Islip."    In order to register to bid, all prospective bidders must "present a bank check in the amount of $260,000."   Check Maltz's website for all the details.  The property which is quite charming will no doubt be torn down by whoever buys it.  I guess when you have $11,000,000 properties in the hood and J-Lo around the corner, humble just won't cut it with the neighbors.    Darn, I would have loved to try and sell this puppy.  It's on a great block and an elegant and unpretentious home.    While it's too late to take a tour of the house, it's not too late for the auction so get your bids and your bank checks ready everyone!   I'm sure this is just great for property values!

UPDATE… according to my sources, the property went for $3.800,00!  Not bad!

Finally, a little something I didn't know.  Apparently the local Hess is a gas station and a dining establishment!  If you don't believe me, just look no further than the photo attached.  When I asked the attendant on duty about what other delicacies they feature he pointed out the hot dogs, the sandwiches and more!!!  So of course, since I'm more of a wine drinker than a beer drinker I asked the attendant if they charged a corking fee.   His response, after I explained what I meant, "no problem, we won't charge you."    He chuckled and obviously got where I was going once I took a pic of the sign.    So who said there is no inexpensive dining in the Hamptons!?  Kids we're going to the Hess station!!!

Finally…..

CB
CB
LB
FW
BT
EM2
…. more to come.   Thx guys.



No comments: