Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One of the Biggest Health Threats to Hamptons Dogs... and a New Threat to My Waistline... SIENNA East Hampton!

In my book there are a few sayings or truth's that I believe to actually be true.   A few of the ones I believe are:  1: Let sleeping dogs lie especially if they're a Jack Russell/Beagle mix (my dog Russell).  2:  In real estate, every home owner thinks their house is "unique and special."  (Yes, I know the cherub grotto in the foyer was custom made!) 3: Never go to a restaurant on an opening night.   Well now, I can say I'm reexamining things now that rule number 3 has actually been proven wrong for a second time.  The first time was when the East Hampton Grill opened a few years ago.  They hit the ground running and are still going strong.  The more recent was last Saturday when friends of mine took me to the opening night of Sienna.    Located at the site of the former Lilly Pond/Phillipe's.  The new restaurant is run by the folks behind the successful "T Bar" on Manhattan's upper east side.
Sienna... a great first night.. and it can only get better!
Well it's apparent these guys know what they're doing.  Some of the reviews in Zagat's have said about T Bar that the food is "delicious," with a "pleasant and gracious crew."  Well it's pretty much the same thing here in the Hamptons at Sienna.  My table mates pretty much gave thumbs up to every dish including the shrimp cocktail, the Caesar salad (creamy but not too heavy), chopped salad, a perfectly done tuna (rare but not still swimming and delicious) and steak.    Not only that, the service was on the ball, while not perfect it was a solid B+ and better than most restaurants that have been open in the Hamptons for years.   It was the first night and the food came out on time, hot and with a smile!  It was the first night!!!  So you know me, I'm not like other publications that say nice things about everyone because they're hoping they advertise (Blue Parrot is good!?!? Really???? Rugosa??!  Enough said).   Although if they want to advertise  I'll do another good review.  I can be bought and cheaply.    Anyway, take my advice and go check out Sienna at 44 Three Mile Harbor Rd, East Hampton  631-604-6060.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  

Meantime, what is one of the biggest problems for dogs on the east end?   The answer may surprise you.   Recently I sat down with Dr. Barry Browning from Sag Harbor Veterinary Clinic (yes, I had to spell check veterinary because when I was a tv producer I got into trouble with veteran's groups once... enough said) and he filled me in.  

No comments: