Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A progressive blogging... I'll add more as the day progresses! Plus... on what side of history do you want to be?

Sorry, I've been crazed the past few days for those of you who actually read my blog. Anyway, I went back to Blue Sky in Sag Harbor. It's the former Spinnakers which is now being run by the former manager at Grappa. Anyway, I went for lunch the other day - Friday and the results were disappointed. My friend and I ordered a pizetta for an appetizer... but alas.. they didn't have any. HMMMMM. Next we decided to share a crab cake appetizer. It was kind of greasy and had a lot of bread crumbs. So for dinner, I had grilled chicken on lettuce. The chicken tasted like it was

warmed in a microwave but the greens were fresh. All in all... not bad... but not good either. Hopefully they can get their act together and improve the food. The menu really looks terrific.

Yesterday, it was a busy day in the Hamptons. First there was the God's Love We Deliver benefit.... which I missed this year but have supported in years past.


Fred Thiele NY State Senator (R) with Members of the Empire State Pride Agenda

At about 4 pm, I headed over to Sag Harbor to the home of David Epstein. He along with some of the heads of Empire State Pride Agenda including Kim Kakerbeck and Sarah Ferguson organized what I'm calling an "E-Raiser." I love that.. I'm so clever. Anyway what we did was send letters to some members of the NY State senate encouraging them to pass the same sex marriage bill, demanding the 1,324 rights that same sex civil unions will grant. We're at the tipping point of an historical moment. Be on the right side and send an e mail encouraging the following senators do the right thing. Here are the e mail guys... go for it!!! Especially if you live in Suffolk County NY.
skelos@senate.state.ny.us,
espada@senate.state.ny.us,
monserra@senate.state.ny.us,
lavalle@senate.state.ny.us
Go to it!!!

Also, it looks as if the Lodge is actually taking off! Saturday Soiree had wall to wall people on a rainy and cold Saturday. The outdoor patio is a beautiful area. Mark my words, if it ever stops raining and that's a big IF... the patio Lodge on Saturday from 6-9pm will be the place to be. The big in place on Saturday's for a long time was the East Hampton dump... so glad there's finally some place cool to go... especially one that doesn't smell!

No comments: