Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Bikini Busters!!!! The best baked goods in the Hamptons!

I have long complained there are no good bakeries in the Hamptons. Ever since Ina Garten closed the doors on the Barefoot Contessa, I've been searching the East End tirelessly looking for the next great coconut cupcake. Ok, yes you can buy the box kit but it was forever ruined when my sister Gina decided to make them as a surprise for me! Yes they were a surprise... a surprise like being stuck in the Sahara without water. This is the same sister who confused the abbreviation for a tablespoon with pound while one time surprising me with pasta dinner!!! But enough about my sister's culinary clumsiness. Ok, one last jab...I shingled a roof once with her pancakes! But alas, there are good baked goods. First up on my list is BREADZILLA on Wainscott Northwest Rd. Great focaccia breads and in my opinion, the only place to buy a birthday cake this side of the canal. No, the prices are not for the faint of heart but they put their money where the butter is!!!

For cookies, try Levain Bakery on 27 at the Wainscott shopping center. The oatmeal raisin are my favorite. They each weigh about 3 lbs a piece.. or at least they feel like it... but they are awesome!!! The chocolate chip rock and the peanut butter...incredible. They're not open during the winter and hours are choppy at best. But if you catch them open, the fumes alone are awesome and they should charge admission! You can also get the cookies fresh out oven... wait I have to go wipe my drooling chin.

Finally ROUND SWAMP FARM, what can I say. The cinnamon buns, the sour cream coffee cake, the brownies, the triple berry pie and the corn bread muffins..... well lets just say I know them all intimately! The farm is and has been run for over 40 years by Carolyn Lester Snyder who along with her family create the baked goods and meals fresh daily. It's a small shop but it covered from wall to wall with quality stuff. It's not a baked good.. but it is baked... their Mexican cheese dip is just plain wrong!!! It has to be about 4000 calories but it's worth every scoop on your tortilla chip. The market is located on Three Mile Harbor Rd in East Hampton and is opened 9-5 Mon-Saturday... 9-1pm on Sunday. I know they accept cash, visa and I'm hoping soon will assist with financing!

Speaking of financing... in the ... It's not my listing but I know of a great deal section.... south of the highway property... it's a bank sale and an amazing deal. Contact me for details!!!! In fact, a few more distressed properties came onto the market last week... I'm about to start a weekly mailing here. Let me know if you want to be on the list. E mail me!!!!

No comments: