Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Putting some Zen in Your Yogurt.... and Surfing for Surf Stats!

The Hello Kitty Brothel (google the image you'll understand) in Sag Harbor better known as Yummlicious is getting some new competition.   Located on Main Street in Sag Harbor at the former Well Nest is "Buddha Berry Frozen Yogurt."   Billing itself as a waffle and coffee bar  the frozen dessert factory features a solid wall full of contemporary and classic flavors from cookies and cream to old fashioned Chocolate chip mint.   There is also plenty gummy bears, chocolate chips and sprinkles to pile on top and put any spoiled Hamptons child into a diabetic shock!   I mean nothing says healthy like frozen yogurt topped with gummy bears and chocolate!   But wait... or should I say weight....  the frozen yogurt is SELF SERVE and they charge you by the weight!!!   This is pure genius that so why mom and dad are busy texting the yoga instructors and trainers, little Veruka and Spalding (after he gets the foot off the boat) can go to town and force their proud parents to pay the tab.      This is like putting free crappy prizes in Frosted Flakes genius!!!     While I can't say if the yogurts good or bad, I had no patience to have anyone weigh my cookies and cream so you'll have to go try it yourself.    They also have a zen yogurt garden too! 

Trendy surfers form Montauk!
Meanwhile,  I don't surf and I have no intention to be shark bait anytime in the near future.  But I know plenty of folks that do and its always great running into them on the beach checking the waves. But here's a question for my friends who enjoy dressing in Neoprene and hopping into the surf; why not just go on line and check out the conditions online Sufline.   Featuring  live web cams from Main Beach and other local surf spots, boarders (do they call themselves that?)  can also get detailed reports on wind, tides and swell conditions.   Now, isn't that easier than driving all the way to the beach to check on the surf?     OK, now get off your computer and go hang 10. 

Get down tonight!   KC and the Sunshine Band! 
Ok, now call me cynical but there is an unintentially humorous interview with K.C. of the Sunshine Band fame over on Hamptons.com.    Now I'm not picking on the poor interviewer who did this one, she probably had no idea who was interviewing.   In a nutshell for those of you who don't know, they had slew of catchy dance hits in the mid 70's and had a song on the second album B-side of Saturday Night Fever.  The coffee through the nose moment for me when reading this was, "With so much love for music I wondered why it had been so long since his last album?"   REALLY?  Answer:  Demand... It's not 1977!!   Now comes the part where I'm nice.   I do have KC and the Sunshine band on my 70's play list on my I pad and I bet the show this weekend at the Ross School will be an absolute blast with some good retro disco dancing.   If you want tickets to go see one of the "most dynamic front men in music" you can get tickets and information here.    So put on your boogie shoes and get going!  Ewww.... Boogie shoes... gross!


No comments: