Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Avoid the Soulpsychos .... Plus, the Latest Threat to Property Values!


While we still lament the departure of Tiffany a few weeks ago. We (royal) are taking solace in the fact that there is actually something cool that took its place.   I mean, it could have been a Kardashian pop-up or worse yet another real estate office!  But alas, that's not what we got! Instead we have something to make the Hamptons a little more civilized on Saturday and Sunday mornings during the season, Peloton!   OK, what exactly is Peloton?   It's the cure for the overly aggressive Lululemon wearing.... Range Rover driving... Vitamin water drinking.... Soul Psychos!   Rather than jockeying online to reserve a spot at an overly crowded spin class, you can instead buy one of Peloton's bikes for about $2000, pay a small monthly membership and join in via-video for one of a dozen or so classes a day live from New York City!    The bikes come with a video screen where you monitor the class and have your stats sent back to the studio, so don't try reading the paper while you pedal.    They'll know if your sweating or riding like your grandmother!   I took a look at one of the bikes at the store on Main Street East Hampton and this stuff is cool! But don't worry, if you're Internet is slow... thank you Optimum.... you can download and store classes on the monitor's hard drive!     If you're curious, take a look at this video.    I know I want one of these!  Here's the link!


Could this be bad for owners of historical homes!
Meanwhile, if your'e fit, you'll be living longer and if you're living longer you can protect your property values!  SAYYYYYYY WHAT???!   I kid you not!    As if the real estate market weren't confusing enough, between potentially rising interest rates and an unpredictable market now you have to worry if someone has died in your home!   OMG!  I can hear it now  "Mrs. Freeling, while my clients love Cuesta Verde, this house is not clear... and my buyers want to offer you 25% off of your asking price!" Now, I don't know about you but I'm not sure I buy the whole ghost thing.  I've only seen one in my life and that was after taking an ambien with a margarita!    If you think I'm joking, check out the website DiedinHouse.com!    I know it's a very catchy name, right?  Its kind of like listing your home on overpricedgarbageforsalebyowner.com!    

Finally, some new restaurant reports coming later in the week!   Plus.... go see Conviction at Bay Street Theater!   Some of the best performances of any show on any stage anywhere!


No comments: