Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Can you hear me now??! Plus, Patrons see Red at Stix!

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being invited to a friend's wedding in Montauk.    It really was a beautiful reception but the reception at the reception was terrible!   But hey anyone who has spent more than one day in the Hamptons can tell you that.   Its not that I was being rude or doing work but I was trying to upload photos to the old FB and it was a cellular wasteland!  Ironically, after noticing a black fly in my chardonnay, I realized I just got back from a trip to Ireland where in the middle of nothing but sheep and pubs there were at least 3 bars and 4 pubs at all time!   It was a great trip!

So where in the Hamptons are the dead zones?  Well I started taking note and I'm here to share.   So if you're driving or hanging out east and your boss calls you, if you study my map you can say for example, "I'm driving on Scuttle Hole Road and I'm about to lose you,"  even if you're in East Hampton Village.   I have ATT and the dead areas are noted by the "A"... Verizon is noted by the "V" and came after consulting a friend.   Just remember, this is just from OUR experience and maybe our  I phones are at fault.  We don't want no trouble from anyone! 
   

V is Verizon dead zone, A is ATT! 

The crowd at Red Stix! 
Meanwhile, as we stand on the verge of getting another Asian restaurant in the Hamptons (see yesterday's blog which Curbed already wrote about) the news about the latest entry is mixed at best.   Last week I stopped by with some friends at the very expensive and very crowded Red Stix.  While I can tell you they're doing gang busters, there were a few frustrated patrons who decided an hour and a half was too long to wait for their stir fry!   The table next to us high tailed it out of there after waiting, while we stuck it out.   Suffice to say, the food was good.... actually very good.  But if you're going to charge those prices you better get the food out on time!  That's just my opinion.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf do you want cell service for? oh so you can move out there and build more condos, build more cell towers build more energy stations more waste tranfers stations to cart away teh sh!t you make build more parking places so you can bring your sh!t the beach and build more entitled to buy French fries nad you leave your freaking napkins at the beach-YOU FREAKING USE NAPKINS AT THE BEACH YOUR HIPSTER DOOSH BAG !! o you can visit restaurants at the hamptons. you are a real dope stay away .. complaining about poor cell service at the beach what a dope .. change aint always for the better

Unknown said...

WOW, I'm a hipster that uses napkins at the beach!? For some reason I'm taking this as a compliment.