|Yeah, that's me up top... CENTER!|
But before you break out the Barry Manilow and Carpenters albums... remember you don't have to look like the before picture on the back of that comic book. The east end is a great place to back in shape and stuff that gut into a wild bikini!
Biking, jogging and back yard swims are some of the easiest ways here to burn the calories and fight the fat. But if you're like me and require a little more motivation from an instructor or hot gym goer next to you, take note. Hamptons Chatter is here with 10 of the best places to workout this coming season.
1) Flywheel Sports - East Hampton located at 65 Montauk Highway and Flywheel at Sag Harbor Gym, 1 Bay Street Sag Harbor. The original spin studio where some folks can burn over 1000 calories in a single class. A great place to be seen and see some of the more famous faces of the Hamptons (Broderick, Baldwin, Zellwegger... or you know the girl from Jerry Macguire) including instructor Holly Rillinger who is the star of Bravo's Work Out New York! Pay by the class or get a membership but no matter what, make sure to book your classes in advance.
2) Yoga Shanti - Sag Harbor located at 32 Bridge Street. Get toned, fit and sweat at one of the most noted yoga studios around. There are classes for everyone from beginner to expert. Prices vary and there are some famous faces here too. One of the more frequent and notable patrons is entrepreneur and producer Russell Simmons. You can pay by the class, package or membership. It's a good idea to book your classes in advance here as well. There is also a complete schedule online so check it out. By the way, if you're looking for something a little less "precious," try Karma Diva in East Hampton. It's the yin to Yoga Shanti's yang.
4) East Hampton Indoor Tennis - East Hampton located at 175 Daniels Hole Rd. - Before you question why I'm suggesting a tennis club let me tell you the average Joe can burn about 700 calories an hour playing tennis. But if you want something a little more intense check out the tennis aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the club. To say you'll be dripping wet is an understatement. Pay by the class or become a member the choice is yours. The staff is friendly and you can play indoor and out. Click above or here to go to the website.
5) Crossfit Hamptons- Southampton located at 375 County Rd. 39. Rather than me trying to explain it.. watch an eye candy video about what exactly crossfit entails. A little bit of this a little bit of that and bodies in motion. Click here for more details on how to sign up for a Crossfit Hamptons class.
Yeah, that looks easy!!!
6) Barry's Bootcamp - Amaganett located at 199 Main St. and Wainscott 352 Montauk Highway. If Xenu started teaching fitness classes... it would be Barry's Bootcamp. Although it's the new guy in town it's already garnered a cult like following. In all honesty, I've never gone but my friends who've attended are addicted. Click here for more details.
7) Lift Hamptons - Wainscott located at 354 Montauk Highway - A boutique gym located next to the best cookie shop in the Hamptons (Levan Bakery). I know it seems like some sort of a sick joke but once you pass the temptation you'll find a motivating bright and zen like atmosphere perfect for your morning workout. Memberships are based on an hourly rate and include one on one training. Click here for more information.
8 & 9 ) East Hampton YMCA - 2 Gingerbread Lane and Southampton Town Recreation Center - 1370 Majors Path. Both places have it all but at a fraction of the price of the "other" gyms in town. There are no celeb siteings but if you want to live like a local and save some money on getting fit.... click here for Southampton or here for East Hampton YMCA. Fees vary based on residency in both locations.
10) Truth Training - East Hampton located at 5 Railroad Ave. - Truth Training is a strength based workout, programming and lifestyle series that revolves around the "foundation" exercises. Think of it as a P90X class right here live in the Hamptons with some of the best and most educated trainers around. Click here for class schedules and rates.
Ok, there it is.. 10 Great places to get your body ready for the beach. Woah, this blog was exhausting. Now, it's time for my burger, fries and beer at the Corner Bar in Sag Harbor! Just kidding... off to the basement for my Peloton bike. I don't want to see any of you losers when I work out!!! Kidding again.... sort of.