Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Good News for Winos.... ehhhhem..... and WBAZ's Walker Vreeland' Musings About Life in the Hamptons!

I known you were all wondering, where is the latest Hamptons Chatter positing.    Well the truth be told, I was on a wine bender!    Yep, I went to Napa Valley and visited some amazing wineries "Silver Oak" and "Twomey" to name a few... ate the best taco I've ever tasted at a place called "C Casa".... and had an amazing tuna burger at "R and D Kitchen" in Yountville (Owned by the Hillstone Group who run East Hampton Grill).    But alas, it's back to sobriety and reality here in the Hamptons.    

Lieb Vineyard's New East Hampton location
But quicker than I could say "DT's" there's a new tasting room that just opened up in East Hampton.     Lieb Vineyards now have a tasting room at 26 Park Place.  Which in case you don't recognize theat address it's better known as behind White's Pharmacy in the way back of the Walbaum's Parking lot.   Now to be honest I've never tried Lieb wines but they've attracted quite a following on the North Fork and the reviews seem to be pretty outstanding.  In fact, they were awarded with Dan's Best of the Best for having a great tasting room staff and a Pinot Blanc that apparently Hamptonians love.    So, who am I to argue... I'll hopefully see you soon at the tasting room!

Speaking of Dan's Magazine and the Best of the Best, WBAZ Radio personality Walker Vreeland has been nominated for best East End Personality.   I know I voted for him!     I've long been a fan of Walker's and when he agreed to talk to me for Hampton's Chatter, I was psyched.   He grew up here in the Hamptons and recently we discussed the changing Hamptons scene.   I hope you find this as insightful and enjoyable as I did. 




No comments: