Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

If you're bored.... why not toast the locally grown!? Plus, after 63 years... Saying Goodbye to some Good Friends (ok, dog years!).

Guys, the chill is in the air the crowds are dwindling and it's now my favorite time of the year in the Hamptons, September!  The water is warm, the pool is open and Gwyneth Paltrow is no longer in town.    The early fall is our secret... although I willing to share it with anyone who will buy a house from me.... hint!   But while I keep the secret about fall on the east end, I will tell folks about some ideas to keep themselves entertained.

This Thursday night Page Restaurant in Sag Harbor is hosting a Farm to Table dinner or as my dyslexic mind and mouth often say, "Table to Farm."    Anyway, it's a 7 course dinner featuring local farmer
www.page63main.com
Dave Falkowksi better known as the "mushroom man" (no you degenerate, not those kind of mushrooms) and organic wines from Channing Daughters Winery in Bridgehampton!    Speakers from both the winery and farm will be there to speak about the various courses and wines.   It's a great way to learn a little bit about agriculture, eat some cool food and mingle with some great wines!

The cost is $65 for the dinner and $85 with wine pairing.   For more details or to make reservations go to www.page63main.com or call 631-725-1810.  


The Hampton Pet Club in happier times!
Meanwhile, I'm shedding tears as I type this blog.   In fact, I just short circuited my keyboard with tears!!! Johnny 5 is not alive!!   Sad news... After close to 10 years in business and becoming a virtual member of my family the Hampton Pet Club is closing it's doors at the end of the month.     After several attempts to keep the biscuits, baths and barking flowing Bella, Russell and Boo's doggy day care providers have lost their lease.   According to sources the club will shutter its doors at the end of the month.   I know I'll miss Jason Neimark and his crew; Todd, Rhonda, Caroline and the rest!    I don't want to go into details because I don't know them all but I can tell you, I don't like the landlord of the said building!   Jason took what was once a lousy location and made a thriving business through his hard work and obvious affection for each and every dog!  Guys, I wish you all well and hope something happens to keep you all here, we'll all miss seeing you!   

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a good dog sitter and place for the kids .... er I mean dogs.. to hang.... Please let me know!  
  



No comments: