Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

East Hampton puts a colorful best food forward... taco scouting... and some Saturday Night Spring Fever!

It's been a book store, a toy store and in my head a to-go panini cafe for Sam's Restaurant!   But alas my dream was not to be and instead we got a colorful new woman's apparel shop.. Signs are up and construction is under way for a new shop from Jack Rogers USA.   Now I don't know much about them.  If it isn't leather or a sneaker, it's a $10 flip flop on my feet during the summer.    So I did my homework and here's what I found out about what is billed as colorful footwear at a good price.

According to their website, American in spirit, Jack Rogers was born out of resort style but has evolved into a lifestyle collection of year round pieces.  From the Navajo's iconic whipstitching and rondelle motif to our full collection of footwear handbags and fashions, out designs exude a confident , born with it sense of style.  They're the pieces that take you form an afternoon bike ride to evening cocktails and the ones you never forget to pack , where ever your headed.  A pop of color, an unexpected detail, a feeling of coming home... no matter where you are that's Jack Roger's."   AHHHHHHH I feel warm and fuzzy already!  Welcome to the Hamptons Jack Rogers!   I just hope I don't step on your clients well fashioned toes this summer.  That was a literal not a figurative comment!



Meanwhile, I had a few friends over for dinner last night.  So, I headed to Peter Ambrose's Hampton Seafood Company in East Hampton.  It wasn't my first time there but it was an eye opener for me.  I didn't know this but they have a great to go menu!  I was also thrilled to see they have FISH TACOS on the menu!   Not only were they great, thew were on sale for their "happy hour" menu at a reduced price from 4:30 pm to closing!!! The guys told me the tacos were a Thursday night special so get your butt over there next Thursday and try them!!    If you want you can check out their daily specials on their facebook page.  The location is right on the corner of Railroad Avenue and Race Lane in East Hampton, across from the train station (duh, Railroad Avenue).    Open from 10:30 to 6:30  631-324-9244.

Finally (do I say that every posting?)  if your looking for something to do this Saturday night, I suggest the Parish Art Museum's Spring Fling!  I'll be there... but you should go anyway, just ignore me!    At this point, tickets are $225 and less for members but don't sweat it, it's all for a good cause!  They'll have drinks, hors d'oeuvres from Art of Eating and music form Todd Barie Music.  So support culture on the East End, come bid on the great auction items and buy your tickets right here!!!!!!

No comments: