Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My long awaited... by at least somone although I'm not sure who... return!!! BEACH PERMIT UPDATE!

Yeah, I know I keep saying I'll blog more but somehow I get caught up in the moment trying to put food in the dog bowl and it slips my mind. So what's been going on???? Well, lots as far as I'm concerned.

The market has been brisk and busy out here. Already, I've done more rentals this year than I did a year ago at this time. So I'm genuinely optomistic about things out here. While I haven't seen prices go up on either sales or rentals, the article the Faux News had about Hamptons foreclosures being rampant, I JUST DON'T SEE IT. That's my two cents and I'm sticking to it.

Switching gears now as we used to say in the TV biz.. I'm already getting ready for bathing suit weather. I've driven by De Jesus Deli in Southampton and resisted the tamales... I've just said NO to The Golden Pear's "Mac N Cheese" (even though it costs more than a car payment and the calories are the same number as a Chevy's weight)... it's probably the best in the Hamptons! Seriously it is THE best but no doubt extremely fattening!

So, I'm watching my waist and one of the things I'm doing to help me in my quest to ditch the Sans-A-Belt pants is running. Where am I running to? I'm running to East Hampton

Village Hall because apparently there are only 700 of the 2900 beach permits still available for non-residents of the village! Yeee Gads! That means they're about 75% of the way sold out!! I known it's only early March but if you remember, last year they were gone by early April. If you want information on what you need to do to get the coveted EH Village parking permit, CLICK HERE! In the meantime, here are the rest of the town links if you want to get a town permit.

Ok, my hands are hurting and I'm done typing and I'm full from my Mac N Cheese lunch! I know you're thinking "bathing suit?" Well I didn't say what size bathing suit I wanted to buy!

Southampton Village: http://www.southamptonvillage.org/departments.asp?id=1

Southampton Town: http://www.southamptontownny.gov/content/760/762/782/1434/default.aspx

East Hampton Town: http://www.town.east-hampton.ny.us/HtmlPages/TownClerk/TownClerkForms.html

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Greetings, Patrick. I connected to your blog via "Curbed" - I love places like Martha's Vineyard, Newport RI, The Hamptons (especially because of Grey Gardens!) and so I am your newest Follower. I look forward to hearing about the Hamptons through your blog.
Best,
Gloria