Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

SPECIAL SATURDAY SHELTER ISLAND ISLAND BLOGGING!!!

Thanks to my friend Peter McCracken for his contribution (he wrote it) of today's blog!!! Shelter Island scares me but luckily I have Peter to guide me from the north to south ferries:



I had dinner at the new La Maison Blanche, formerly the Olde Country Inn, on Shelter Island. The newly renovated Inn & restaurant was fresh and up to date with a bistro style restaurant. The restaurant and lounge has a modern beach chic twist to it and a handsome crowd. The menu includes fresh local seafood and the always favorite steak frites. The bar, small but intimate, has a fireplace and a separate lounge with comfortable seating areas. There is also a large front porch with seating. The best feature is the new bakery that features fresh brewed coffee, pain au chocolate, croissants and baguettes freshly baked each morning starting at 6:00 a.m. There are 8 comfortable rooms with queen or king size beds if you wish to stay over. A soon to be addition will be the pool located in the garden…next summer! A new treat for Shelter Island and soon to be a popular hang out!

I think Peter liked it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..."Shelter Island scares you" What an odd thing to say about a beautiful Island!

Unknown said...

Shelter Island doesn't scare me. It was said with a wink and a nod as to why I was having a friend write my blog. Sorry if I offended. HC-Patrick