Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Two bucks will get you on the subway, but fresh garlic will get you a seat. I know where to buy it and announcing THE EAST HAMPTON GRILL!

Well, now that we all know that Della Famina is soon to be no more... I can tell you that the Hillstone Group the
people behind Houstons will soon be opening "THE EAST HAMPTON GRILL." I'll assume it's to be much like the PALM BEACH GRILL which the company owns and currently operates in that "OTHER" resort area. I only hope one thing, they have the Slow Roasted Pork Ribs, the Spinach artichoke dip and the crab cakes! It's funny but I've never heard so much buzz or excitement about the opening of a new restaurant in the Hamptons like I have about this. Sure NOBU is going to Southampton but as I said before, the lines will be longer at The East Hampton Grill!


Citarella is getting a run for it's money as Mike and Sandy DeGennaro, who own Long Wharf Wines in Sag Harbor and Southampton Wines at Water Mill Shops and Muse Restaurant & Aquatic Lounge chef Matthew Guiffrida have finally opened their long awaited AVANTI CULINARY MARKET.


Located at the site of the old Citerellas in Water Mill, I went to the shopping center the other day to buy cupcakes for a friend's birthday (at Water Mill Cupcakes) and ended up strolling through what is one of the best epicurean (thank you spell check) centers in the Hamptons. The prices are more than competitive with the other gourmet shops in the Hamptons but the staff was over the top helpful!! The selection of seafood and meats were well stocked but I was bowled over by the extensive selection of herbs and spices (why do I sound like I'm talking about KFC) with the slick and cool packaging.



To be perfectly honest, I didn't try much of the prepared foods since I'm currently trying to squeeze into my 29" waist speedo so I can't comment. But I did try the tuna which the chef offered to turn into freshly prepared "tuna tare tare." It was probably the best I ever had! To make a long story longer or shorter, AVANTI is now open visit their website for more details. But why do that... just go... EAT!

No comments: