Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hey, I just got a new layout... what do you think? And a SHOUT OUT to one of my competitors!

Its my stream of consciousness blog today! I went last night for dinner to 1770 House and actually sat UPSTAIRS! It was for the prix fixe of course, $29.00. It was awesome. The food is always terrific and the service was an A+! Most of my table had the Mahi Mahi with a main course of Chedder Cheese Brioche (which are free)... I ordered the Olive Twist bread as my main dish. MY POINT?! Eat upstairs at 1770 House, you're worth it!

So after dinner, we headed across the street to see Alec Baldwin in the Guild Hall production of Equus. Anyway for those of you who don't know the story... according to wickipedia; Equus is a play by Peter Shaffer written in 1973, telling the story of a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young man who has a pathological religious/sexual fascination with horses.[1]

Shaffer was inspired to write Equus when he heard of a crime involving a 17-year-old who blinded six horses in a small town near London. He set out to construct a fictional account of what might have caused the incident, without knowing any of the details of the crime.
I guess I'm not really a theatre person because after an hour and a half, I had to be restrained in my seat because I wanted to blind myself and be rushed out of the show! By the way, all of my 5 friends loved the show. What do I know!?

Meanwhile, I became a father again this week. Yes, I have a new four legged child! How??? Well apparently in the South, dropping your dog off at a kill shelter after about two years seems to be no big deal. Luckily there are some people in the Hamptons who think this is as terrible as I do! My friend Cliffeton Green who is an agent at Corcoran was telling me about a dog she was fostering for LAST CHANCE ANIMAL RESCUE. We were doing a deal together and it was better than any 6% commission I ever got! NO, I'M NOT RETURNING THE MONEY FROM THE LAST DEAL.. BUT I AM MAKING A DONATION! But I digress... anyway, I ended up adopting Russell! He's about 2 years old and a beagle mix. So Russell is now a happy member of my household and teaching my "angel" Boo about such wonderful past times as; stealing food off the counter tops, digging under the back yard fence to escape and chasing gophers in the backyard at 4 am! Anyway, when he looks at you and wags his tail, it makes it all worth it. Thanks Cliffeton, Russell is the best!! If you want to help LAST CHANCE ANIMAL RESCUE too, here's their website http://www.lcarf.org/index.php They're in need of volunteers to foster more dogs. I would offer to take another dog but I'm spending all of my time keeping Russell in line!

No comments: