Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is it a horror movie? Think "Hostel" with a gunite pool and tennis court!

According to Hollywood trades, filmmaker RJ Cutler, who last directed the Anna Wintour/Vogue movie The September Issue, is setting his sites on the Hamptons. He apparently got the green light from Warner Bros. on a movie about a group of teenage Au Pairs who spend the Summer working in the Hamptons. The movie will be based on a novel by Melissa de la Cruz. The girls apparently from different socioeconomic backgrounds balance their domestic work with the carefree and unpretentious life in our little part of the world (yes,I'm being sarcastic). The pic is being produced by GREY GARDENS star Drew Barrymore. I guess she really likes it out here! Hey Drew, I have a couple really great listings I want to show you!

Now I don't' mean to be critical but the show biz genius' of the production crew have decided to shoot this summer in East Hampton! Drew I know it wasn't your idea, you're smarter than that!!! But, shooting a movie in East Hampton during the summer.. great idea! NOT! Oh, let's hope they only shoot on weekends! Better yet, shoot on Snake Hollow Rd., the week of the Hampton Classic. Let's hope they get beach permits for any surf side shooting!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ok, now I'll come home, for drew!