Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Muse for cooking and culinary arts!

So, the weather outside is frightful... and starting a fire don't seem delightful. With no particular place to go... head to Muse in Water Mill. Why you ask? Well because the food is pretty good and they occasionally offer one of the most fun evenings in the Hamptons... a cooking class.

Last Tuesday night I headed over to the restaurant which is located in the Citarella/Blockbuster shopping center for an evening cooking class. Now, you have to understand I was more nervous than a poodle at a Chinese restaurant but I went anyway to learn a thing or two. The topic for the evening was appetizers for your holiday party. I was hoping that I could eventually serve more than frozen pigs in a blanket at my next soiree!

The class was run by the owner and chef of MUSE, Matthew Guiffrida. The cost was about $45per person and for the small sum we were fed, entertained and had more than a couple glasses of vino. Matthew is not only a GREAT entertainer but has enough personality AND knowledge to keep 40+ adults quiet and entertained for over two hours. Considering when I cook the only way I know something is done is when the smoke detector goes off, the class was really educational.

The one dish I remember best and liked the most were his Risotto balls. They were absolutely awesome. My only criticism; the food came too slow and the wine came too quickly. Otherwise, it was probably one of the most fun evenings I can remember in the Hamptons in a long time. For more information, call the restaurant for the time and date of the next class. Muse Restaurant and Aqua Bar, 760 Montauk Highway Water Mill. Phone: 631-726-2606

No comments: