Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Carrie, I don't think we're in Conneticut anymore!!

Well, it's been too long since I've blogged but I promised some folks I would get back on the horse and start again! So here I am!

First up... good news about real estate. Yes, I can feed the kids! Things are looking up for Hamptons real estate. Houses are actually selling!! But... and you knew there had to be a "but" in there; the good news bad news scenario is more homes are selling... The bad news is all of those lousy properties that didn't sell before are coming back on the market. Anyway if you want the full details, check out our website for our 3rd Quarter 2009 market report.

http://www.prudentialelliman.com/MainSite/MarketReports/ReportListDetail.aspx?rptType=Hamptons



Meantime, so much has been going on. Yeah, there was news of some town official stepping down... the Blue Parrot continues to disappoint diners... and the Madoff house in Montauk actually sold but the BIG story is.. THE SEX AND THE CITY SEQUEL WAS FILMING IN SOUTHAMPTON! It is important news indeed. Why? Because the scene they were shooting at Coopers Beach was subbing for a "Connecticut inn." This is interesting because when it comes to towns where "whale belts" and wearing slippers in public are the fashion norm, most Americans can't tell the difference. I know I can't. Meanwhile, I have a suggestion for the sequel that will actually make me want to see it! Have Quentin Tarrentino direct and throw in a subplot about Miranda getting attacked by a great white shark and Carrie gets a job working for a bookie! I thought there were was too little blood and violence in the first one!

Finally.... gosh I don't know but I'm talking about most these days are the Prix Fixe dinners now available all over town!!! My favorite... Nick and Toni's is offering a “Freedom of Choice” prix fixe every Sunday all night. Guests may choose either a three-course prix fixe for $30 or a four-course prix fixe for $40, not including tax and gratuity. Also back... the dinner and a movie special; $30 for two courses and a free movie ticket!!! Now I have no excuse for avoiding the movie "Couples Retreat" since technically I won't be paying "two cents" to see it!!

No comments: