Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

There are deals... except for when it comes to Chili!! Plus watch out or you might get sued!!!

Most New Yorkers may not have noticed but according to a recent report by the Federal Department of Labor, in the past year... New York has become a cheaper place to live!! This is the first time this has happened in over 50Years.
It may be a temporary condition, that was likely caused by a substantial drop in the cost of energy.   Over this last year, the Consumer Price Index for the city dropped by 0.1 percent, its first decline in any 12-month period since 1956. 1956!!!! But have no fear... it's still not that cheap here out east! I have to clarify, we don't want people to think we're giving it away in the Hamptons!!!

Today, I had a turkey chili, salad and bottle of seltzer water at the Golden Pear. What was the cost ?? $19.50. I get the same thing at least 3 times a week but for some reason, getting .50 back from a $20 rankled me this afternoon. The food is great.. but I took it to go and ate it with a plastic set of utensils. I don't know about you but even compared to Manhattan... that felt a little pricey to me. But I wasn't sure! So I did some chili research!

I have a friend from Cincinnati (did I spell it right?) who brags about how good the chili is there... why I can't actually tell you how the chili tastes, I can tell you about the service.   It took me about 20 minutes to get an answer. But at the "world famous" SKYLINE CHILI, I guess it's famous everywhere else in the world but Long Island, my new favorite discovery on the Internet charges $5.99 for a QUART of chili and $2.49 for a garden salad and $1.50 for a soda. These prices could be inaccurate since the guy answering the phone wasn't too sure himself. That's a grand total of $9.98!!!! So take that Department of Labor!!! We're still expensive in the Hamptons! And we like it that way!!!!

On a real estate note, a friend of mine who is an attorney was doing some research. She remarked to me, you won't believe this agent who is known about town and knows the way of country living but he/she "sues everybody!!!" I can't tell you who it is but I'm not surprised.

Also, an offer you can't refuse!! There's a great historical restoration in Sag Harbor village. 4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths and it's under two million. Cheaper than having a chili!! E-mail me or call me if you want details.

It's a dogs life this weekend and I'll give you details tomorrow!!!

No comments: